Monday, April 9, 2012

Sometimes We Just Have To Say It

I have heard that if someone is bothering you, or you are carrying unforgiveness or unresolved feelings, that you should write that person a letter.    Burn it, trash it, shred it, eat it, just don't send it.  Here is a letter I helped a friend write to that haunting person.   It took a whopping 5 minutes, and it helped.


Dear friend,
I want you to go away forever.  My life is not better because of you.  You did not give me anything but hurt, and insecurity, and pain.  Walking around wanting you like I did was ridiculous.  I am so way much better than you.  You are such a loser.  I am so precious, and loveable, for you not to love me is a shame, because you missed out on an amazing relationship with this amazing person.

Sure I have my bad days.  I have my crap.  I become angry, jealous, insecure, and a little wacky, but those days are few and far between the outstanding days when I will am absolutely awesome.  I would had done anything to help you, make you happy, and make you laugh. 
   
I am incredibly talented, capable, and loving.   You do not deserve me.  You have no part in my life, or my heart, so get out of my brain!
Sincerely,
Incredible

So if you have someone you can't get out of your mind, maybe putting your feelings on paper will help you begin to work it through.

K

1 comment: