Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A piece of my mind or my peace of mind

I would really like to hold a grudge tonight. The funny thing is, I'm not a grudge holder. I've been offended, and I would really like to give that person a piece of my mind! But then you realize, that's exactly what I'm doing ... giving away my peace of mind.

Yes, its important to vent. You can't hold everything in. It usually helps if while I'm curling my hair, standing in front of the mirror, I just let it out. I say everything I want to say, and I feel confident that when I see him/her, I am just going to articulate exactly how I feel. Funny thing is, by the time I get together what I wanted to say, it doesn't seem to be that important anymore.

Jesus constantly taught on forgiveness. It is His way. As Christians we're supposed to forgive. We've heard "turn the other cheek" ... "70 x's 7" ... and I honestly believe that. God freely forgave us and made us righteous. We are to do the same to others.

If I continue to blog, I know this reference will come up frequently. Its not better than the Bible, but maybe there are times that I identify with it more that the Bible. What is it? Don Henley. He hit me right between the eyes when he wrote this song. Maybe it was Divinely inspired, whatever, I'd like to share it with you if you are not familiar with it.

If I do this correctly, you should be able to read my thoughts, then read a portion of the song.

Its "The Heart of The Matter."

KM 11/4

2 comments:

  1. Good Post Kristi! I think everyone struggles with forgiveness. The Bible makes if very clear on why we should forgive and the consequences if we don't. Holding a grudge only makes one person miserable, the person holding it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to pick your battles. It helps if you think about your message and how it will be recieved. In most cases the exchange plays out in my head and I realize how pointless 'berating someone' will be and let the matter drop.

    Time and distance take care of a lot of ills.

    ReplyDelete